Re: readdir_r in solaris

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: readdir_r in solaris
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:22:56 +1100

"Bill Schottstaedt" <address@hidden> writes:

> I included "private-gc.h" to get SCM_MAX, and <alloca.h> for alloca,

Sorry, yes, I only posted the main part.

> but dirfd is not defined in Solaris.
>
>     name_max = fpathconf (ds->dd_fd, _PC_NAME_MAX);

Thanks, I put something for that.

> and readdir takes 2 arguments now, so:

Nosing around the online man pages I see that's the old style, you're
supposed to be able to get the new posix one with

        #define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 199506L

We've got that conditionalized out of filesys.c because it breaks
other stuff on glibc and elsewhere.  What would be a good #ifdef to
test to detect solaris?

Apart from that I think we're on the right track, I checked-in some
code.