re: Guile 1.7.91 has been released (MacIntel)

From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: re: Guile 1.7.91 has been released (MacIntel)
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:57:36 -0800

The good news is that Guile builds and works on MacIntel.  The bad news...
Guile needs either support for netBSD's readline, or a way to disable readline
in configure.  As it is, we get:

ld: Undefined symbols:
__rl_init_argument
__rl_kill_kbd_macro
_free_undo_list
_rl_clear_message
_rl_get_keymap
_rl_get_keymap_name

and that's after I commented out the rl_pending_input assignment.

The socklen problem may have a clean solution, but I haven't found it
yet.  __darwin_socklen_t is defined in i386/_types.h, but I ended up
using an explicit typedef (for socklen_t) followed by

#define _SOCKLEN_T

to thwart the attempt to define it again.