Re: Guile 1.7.91 has been released.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Guile 1.7.91 has been released.
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:50:28 +0200

> BTW, I'd strongly recommend using SHA1 sums (e.g., via `sha1sum', part
> of GNU Coreutils) rather than MD5.

Yeah, that's probably best.

> See the example at http://www.cits.rub.de/MD5Collisions/ if in
> doubt.  ;-)

Well, they get to choose both texts that have a MD5 collision.
Looking at the PostScript source reveals that the texts have been
rigged, which should be enough if this goes to court.  In our case, an
attacker would need to find a second meaningful text that collides
with the text that we provide.  I guess that is much harder to do.

And the tarball is signed with a SHA1 hash anyway.  Maybe I should
include the signature in the announcement and not a checksum...