Re: Branching for 1.8 on 2006-02-05

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Branching for 1.8 on 2006-02-05
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:25:23 +0100

Hi,

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Also if we don't want to have people hold off on 1.9 only bits in the
> trunk, then I'd say that now qualifies as "as late as possible" ;>

There has been no 1.7.3, the CVS repository has been relatively quiet
since 1.7.2, and applying patches has sometimes been, well, delayed.
Therefore, I find it quite strange to branch in this moment of quietness
and uncertainty.

Also, it seems that there is no clear plan for the eventual integration
of Unicode and to me, having at least a rough plan would be a
prerequisite to the next stable release.

Thanks,
Ludovic.