Re: No way out.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: No way out.
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:58:07 +0000 (UTC)

In article <address@hidden>,
Neil Jerram  <address@hidden> wrote:

>> If you intend to look at this, then I can try to isolate it to a
>> smaller  case.
>
>Yes, please; I'm keen to understand this.  Or I can work from the
>Lilypond code, if you can suggest a point to start from (such as where
>the error occurs that you want backtrace for).

For starters, we could figure out why --debug doesn't work. This is
for a current CVS GUILE

muurbloem:~/src/lilypond$ cat g.scm

(define (f x)
  (display "HI")
  zapp)

(define (g x)
  (x))

(g f)
muurbloem:~/src/lilypond$ guile --debug g.scm
ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure f (x)>
muurbloem:~/src/lilypond$ guile g.scm
ERROR: Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure f (x)>
muurbloem:~/src/lilypond$ guile
(guile>

(load "g.scm")

Backtrace:
In unknown file:
   ?: 0* [primitive-load "g.scm"]
In g.scm:
  11: 1* [g #<procedure f (x)>]
   7: 2  [f]

g.scm:7:3: In procedure f in expression (x):
g.scm:7:3: Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure f (x)>
ABORT: (wrong-number-of-args)
guile>