Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Future of ice-9/slib.scm.
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:59:18 +1100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> With this arrangement, users who find they really need the old slib
> behavior in 1.6, will be able to set *guile-use-old-ice-9-slib* to #t.

I'd be inclined to make one radical change, and not worry about the
old stuff.  Someone can still grab slib.scm from 1.6.4 or whatever if
they really need it, ie. don't want to update immediately.

>       ;; These can be removed if/when we require a "new enough"
>       ;; version of SLIB.

I'd also be inclined to do that now too, I don't think there's any
special merit in an old slib.  Anyone wanting one can always
(presumably) run it up with "guile -lguile.init" the way slib
specifies.

>       (provide 'hash)
>       (if (not (defined? 'browse-url))

Without sounding like a broken record :) ... I wouldn't worry these
either.  If slib has a problem then leave the fixes for there :-).