Re: Getting source location information

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Getting source location information
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:45:24 +0100

Bruce Korb wrote:
Hi,

I am completely certain that this makes sense to you.  To me, it does
not.  If I call ``scm_read(port)'' I have to attach the input file
as a port.  That read function reads an s-expr.  How can that work if
the non-Scheme text in the file is not an s-expr?  I don't see another

What we do in LilyPond is to do scm_seek() to the start of the s-expr. Then scm_read() reads exactly one s-expr, and scm_ftell() shows us where we can continue reading non-Scheme stuff. The port is a string-port, which is easy enough, as we read the input file in a big string anyway.