Re: Preparing for a 1.6.8 release.

From: Steve Ellcey
Subject: Re: Preparing for a 1.6.8 release.
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:45:08 -0700 (PDT)

> Does HP-UX work with the generic code?  If so, then what would be the
> advantage to anything else?

It's hard to say.  It builds but I die with:

ERROR: In procedure variable-set-name-hint!:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 2 (expecting SYMBOLP): #<freed cell 40050
f20; GC missed a reference>

And I don't really know why at this point.

> I think we're probably not in any danger of a release before then, but
> you're probably right.  There's no reason this can't wait for 1.6.9,
> which I can release as soon as we figure it out.

Sounds good.  I'll see if I can figure out more about why it dies where
it dies.

Steve Ellcey
address@hidden