Re: compile fixen

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: compile fixen
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:20:29 +0200

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 07:39 +1000, Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > Also the build stopped when building the texinfo files, because I had no
> > version.texi. I had to make stamp-vti in the doc/ref and doc/tut dirs to
> > make the version.texi files,
>
> That shouldn't be necessary, they're ordinary makefile targets
> (generated by automake).  Maybe automake needed a re-run for changes
> in the texi files?

Not sure what happened exactly; running autogen.sh should have run
automake and thus created the files.

I have made a fresh checkout here at work, on a different machine (SMP
x86-64) and guile just doesn't build. At first building with CFLAGS=-g
-O2 I got some kind of deadlock in guile after a memoization error, and
now building with CFLAGS=-g I get a segfault making
guile-procedures.texi, in gc-mark.c:411.

So guile doesn't build at all on this 64-bit box. Any idea why?

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/