Re: ANN: Common-Scheme 0.3

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: ANN: Common-Scheme 0.3
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:50:58 +0100

Alex Shinn <address@hidden> writes:

> Now not only can you write portable code, you can share it easily with
> your friends!
>
>   http://synthcode.com/scheme/common-scheme/

This looks like a very nice idea, but I wonder why you don't put it
through the SRFI process.

To my mind, doing this as a SRFI would bring two significant benefits.

1. Quality and breadth of review.  I'm sure there are many nits in the
   attempt to define a common module API, and a SRFI review would help
   to identify and discuss those.

2. Traction/authority.  Something like this will only succeed if it
   succeeds, if you know what I mean.  Getting it approved as a SRFI
   would give it a lot more authority and persuade a lot of people
   (including myself) that it really was the way to write modules in
   future.

Regards,
        Neil