Re: guile-config and other packages compiling against guile

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: guile-config and other packages compiling against guile
Date: 08 Sep 2005 13:38:18 -0400

  With guile I had been thinking that it might be useful, for example,
  to be able to find out the guile version, or the location to install
  .scm files, even if you don't care about compiling anything.  However,
  the more I think about this and look at the output of at least the
  current "guile-config info", the more it seems like a mostly
  theoretical argument.

One can reasonably claim that building a program that does anything
with guile other than run it should be done with all of guile
installed, including installing .scm-only modules.

version is even easier:

> guile --version
Guile 1.6.7
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Free Software
Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well.  For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

--
        Greg Troxel <address@hidden>