Re: module GC bug

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: module GC bug
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:57:45 +0300

> what happens if the weak (c[ad]r ITEM) is marked through a postponed
> weak vector that you haven't processed yet?  Then P is removed
> erroneously, or am I missing something?

Hmm, you are right.  I first have thought about this behavior as a
feature, but I now see that it is in fact not wanted.  The order the
weak vectors are processed in affects the result, which is not good,
obviously.

Right now, I hope to get around this by repeatedly scanning all weak
vectors until no new markings have taken place, and only then remove
the unmarked items.

Thanks for pointing this out!