Re: Removing breakpoints/debugging stuff from CVS head

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Removing breakpoints/debugging stuff from CVS head
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 18:18:27 +0100

Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> On 6/12/05, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>Can I just check that you're not misunderstanding me?
>

> I did. You wrote that you would remove ice-9/debugger/*, so I thought
> you would, for example, remove
> guile-core/ice-9/debugger/command-loop.scm which is part of what
> happens when you type (debug).

Yes, I did say that - sorry, I didn't mean to.  For the sake of
reassurance (and review), I'll try again:

ice-9/debugger.scm - leave as is, except for removal of calls to gds-*
procedures

ice-9/debugger/behaviour.scm - remove

ice-9/debugger/breakpoints/* - remove

ice-9/debugger/breakpoints.scm - remove

ice-9/debugger/command-loop.scm - leave as is, except for removal of
define-command forms for continue, finish, trace-finish, step, next

ice-9/debugger/commands.scm - leave as is, except for removal of
continue, finish, trace-finish, step, next, assert-continuable, and
#:use-module forms for (ice-9 debugger behaviour) for (ice-9 debugger
trap-hooks)

ice-9/debugger/state.scm - leave as is

ice-9/debugger/trap-hooks.scm - remove

ice-9/debugger/trc.scm - leave as is

ice-9/debugger/utils.scm - leave as is

>>>And, if you decide to make guile-core releases without the debugger,
>>>it might be a good idea if Marius or you consult with RMS first.
>>
>>I find it difficult to see why this should be needed.  Do you still
>>think this, taking into account my comments above?
>

> Nope. I agree that, if the emacs interface is still under development,
> one could postpone maintaining it in and releaseing it from the core
> package.

Thanks, and sorry for worrying you!

        Neil