Re: Reviving Guile-VM

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Reviving Guile-VM
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 21:23:30 +0100

Ludovic Courtès wrote:

I'm not yet very familiar with this part of Guile-VM.  Roughly, GHIL is
pretty close to Scheme: it has primitives like quote/unquote,
variable-ref/variable-set, define, lambda, if, call, etc.

GLIL, on the other hand, is very close to the VM's assembly language: it
can be told how to refer to an procedure's argument, how to refer to a
local variable, etc.

Understanding and documenting all this is part of my goal.  ;-)

Sorry! I'll stop hassling you then ... good luck! (And I'm afraid I have no idea about your cell allocation question - sorry.)

        Neil