doc srfi-19 vs julius caesar

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: doc srfi-19 vs julius caesar
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 09:28:16 +1000

I added this caution to the srfi-19 docs.  I thought about fixing it,
but it's one of those things that needs a lot of careful testing.

   *Caution*: The current code in this module incorrectly extends the
Gregorian calendar leap year rule back prior to the introduction of
those reforms in 1582 (or the appropriate year in various countries).
The Julian calendar was used prior to 1582, and there were 10 days
skipped for the reform, but the code doesn't implement that.

   This will be fixed some time.  Until then calculations for 1583
onwards are correct, but prior to that any day/month/year and day of
the week calculations are wrong.