Re: Should we distribute libltdl?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Should we distribute libltdl?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:57:48 +0100

Greg Troxel <address@hidden> writes:

> A big question is the ease of installation for those using OS package
> systems vs those doing things by hand.  My view is that the really big
> issue is making things
> a) easy to package
> and
> b) easy to use once packaged

Those two things would benefit when Guile explicitely declares as a
external dependency.  The Right Thing for a Guile OS package such as a
.deb or .rpm is not to contain libltdl but to depend on the package
that contains libltdl.

> Here's the guile control file for pkgsrc.  But it seems to link in the
> special guile ltldl:

Yes, in the 1.6 series we use our own version of libltdl.  This is no
longer the case.