Re: Bug in save-stack?

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Bug in save-stack?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:53:45 +0100

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:46:22 -0800 (PST), Jim Blandy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looking at the definition of save-stack in boot-9.scm, I notice that,
> in all but one of the cases, the elements of NARROWING are passed
> after an even number of cutting arguments, but in the #t case, they
> are passed after an odd number of cutting arguments.  In other words,
> when the stack id is #t, the first argument passed to save-stack is
> treated as an OUTER-CUT, not an INNER-CUT, as it would be for any
> other stack id.
[...]
> If this is right, someone knowledgeble should also document what a
> stack id of #t is supposed to mean.  Otherwise, that clause should be
> deleted.

It looks very strange. I think it's some remnant which someone,
probably I, have forgotten to remove. The tk-stack-mark thing doesn't
belong there either...

I propose we wait for a while. If no-one has objected, we'll remove it
in a week or two.

Thanks,

It's quite unsettling to read your own beginner's code...  :-(