Re: About cleaning up the thread stuff

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: About cleaning up the thread stuff
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:03:56 -0500

I like that, but only because I could never figure out how to use
dynamic roots.  ;)

Re: your other points,

So what will happen if you build Guile without the threading stuff?
Are the thread procedures (e.g., 'make-thread',
'call-with-new-thread', etc.) simply not made visible?

When you say that any thread may enter guile-mode, do you mean that
the prohibition against more than one thread of C code making calls to
Guile's API is being lifted?

Also, let me know if you'd like me to tweak that thread-cancellation
patch I sent in a few months ago to reflect the changes you're talking
about.  (Or maybe you'd prefer to write it from scratch yourself?)

Cheers,
Julian