Re: The load path

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: The load path
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:43:37 +0200

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 10:48 +0000, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Rob Browning wrote:
> >      --with-built-in-load-path='("foo" default "bar")'
>
> This looks good to me. If this option is not specified, I presume the
> default load path is ("$prefix/share/guile/site"
> "$prefix/share/guile/$effective_version" "$prefix/share/guile")

This sounds good to me as well for 1.7, but with one reservation: there
are hordes of linux users that just do ./configure; make; make install
for all autoconf'd software they download. I don't want to have to tell
each one of them to set --prefix if they want the program to actually
work. This means, distributors must be made aware that guile should
follow the system C compiler's conventions, so that users are not
surprised.

Furthermore, if they put a /usr/local dir in the path, it should be
before the default paths.

It would be strange to require a configure argument --disable-broken in
order for your program to work.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>