libguile-ltdl

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: libguile-ltdl
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:36:56 +0200

Can someone remind why GUILE uses a separate branch of the ltdl
library? I'm trying to compile GUILE 1.7.1 on Cygwin (something that
we very much want for the pending LilyPond 2.4 release), but GUILE
bombs out with "Application fails to initialize properly
(0xc0000005). Press OK to terminate application," which I suspect is
due to LTDL intricacies.

Could it be that an update of the libguile-ltdl is in place? I notice
that the 1.6.5 has an merge from upstream

(For chrissakes, when will 1.6.5 be released?)