Re: i18n patch ok?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: i18n patch ok?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:25:48 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

>> I see that the FSF has sufficient papers from you, but Bruno has not,
>> as far as I can see.  So I need to known which portions were written
>> by Bruno before I can commit the patch.  Could you tell me this?
>
> That would already be a bit of work; we both enhanched each-others
> versions twice.  My guess would be that Bruno wrote about half of it,
> so we should ask Bruno about his papers.

Ok, no need to separate your contributions, I will askBruno for the
papers.

>> Also, we need documentation for the new functions, but it is not in
>> the patch.  Could you post a patch for the documentation also?
>
> Where should I look for inspiration?  It was my impression that docs
> were generated from the code.

Only semi-automatically.  We can keep docstrings in the source and the
manual synchronized, but there first needs to be something in the
manual that can then synchronized.  Look into doc/main/docstring.el if
you want to know more about this.  I can get this started and then you
flesh it out, adding general prose about gettext to go with the
docstrings, OK?