Re: regexp-quote bugs

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: regexp-quote bugs
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:09:50 +0200

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> Why did you rewrite it in C?
>
> I figured it'd be a good speedup.

Yes, maybe, but with Unicode coming up and all that, it might be
easier to keep it in Scheme.  By using the internal C string
interface, we have one more blob of non-trivial code to maintain when
that interface changes.

(The code right now is subtly buggy, already: it uses the result of
scm_i_string_chars across scm_i_make_string and the latter allows
other threads to change the internal representation of strings, thus
invalidating the pointer returned from scm_i_string_chars.)

> Might just chuck something into the scheme code to start with
> though.

Yes, I think that would be best right now.  Could you make the quating
changes to the Scheme code, both 1.7 and 1.6?  Thanks!