Re: alloca, continuations and debug info

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: alloca, continuations and debug info
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:07:02 +1000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> - On platforms that have GCC but not alloca (if this is possible),

I think gcc always provides __builtin_alloca.

> - As a last resort, you could just say: no proper alloca, no Guile!

That's probably not too terrible.

I've got an idea cray vector systems don't have alloca, but that they
do have variable sized automatics (which obviously gives nearly the
same effect if used right).  These are probably not platforms where
guile works at all now though. :)