Re: segfault in CVS HEAD

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: segfault in CVS HEAD
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 10:00:41 +0200

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

There's still one case where the lambda tag appears --
if you include a documentation string:

guile> (define (hi) "this is a comment" 34)
guile> (procedure-source hi)
(lambda () "this is a comment" address@hidden 34)

Also I notice that "let" is sometimes changed to "let*", and
in the define* case I get "(lambda lambda*:G0 (let-optional* lambda*:G0" etc.

Sorry for the delay. I have submitted a patch, that fixes the documentation string issue.

Regarding let being changed to let*: As far as I know, guile has always done such conversions in certain circumstances, not just since my recent changes. In the medium term, there will probably even more of such conversions be introduced, since they are intended as optimizations. Do the recent changes introduce a problem for you, or was this just to be seen as a general comment? If it is a problem for you, could you please give more details and also some examples?

Thanks a lot, and sorry again for the delay until I fixed the code.
Best regards,
Dirk