Re: Copy-on-write strings and mutation-sharing strings

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Copy-on-write strings and mutation-sharing strings
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:49:04 +0200

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> I applied a fix to mkstemp! since it needs to modify it's input
> string.

Right, thanks!

> This crept in with the locale_string business.  You can check if
> it's right.  New test case in posix.test too.

The fix is not entirely correct, since mkstemp expects a
null-terminated string but scm_i_strings_writable_chars isn't
guaranteed to give you one.

[ Also, mkstemp should get a string in the current locale encoding,
  but the internal encoding of Guile might differ from that in the
  future.  Much work needs to be done anyway when that happens, but
  when can get mkstemp! right now, we should.
]

I fixed this by copying the modified template back into the SCM
string.  Please check.