Re: 1.8 time frame?

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: 1.8 time frame?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> In any case I would welcome this very much. Most of my contributions
> were due to LilyPond. I find it very frustrating to wait for years for
> my changes to show up.  I prefer released software with some rough
> edges to perfect software which is not released at all. Surely current
> CVS is better in all regards than the 1.6 release?  I don't see the
> point of postponing releases.

I recommend monthly minor releases so that people who write code
that links to guile can always say "upgrade to version 1.6.62"
until another major version comes around.

I've had some frustration where I send fixes in, not to guile
specifically, and it takes the library maintainers up to six
months to finally include the fix and release a new version. This
caused me a lot of stress in the past.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F