Re: -I for guile command line

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: -I for guile command line
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:27:05 +0200

Richard Todd <address@hidden> writes:

> any interest in this patch?  It lets you put -I on the guile command
> line, to add directories to the load path.
>
> as in:
>    guile -I ..  -I . script-in-development.scm
>
> I find this easier than mucking with that environment variable.

That's a nice feature, we should add it.

But, in which order should the arguments be added to the load path?
The usual way would be to add them in such a way that the first
argument is searched first, I'd say.  You patch makes the frist one be
searched last.

Also, the command-line dirs should probably be searched before the
environment ones, which you patch does, but we need to document this
all properly.

I'd say we should use '-L' instead of '-I'.

Sooo, could you make a new patch that addresses the issues above, if
you agree?