Re: 1.8 time frame?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: 1.8 time frame?
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:02:21 +0200

> What's the latest update on the status of the guile 1.8 release plan?

It is getting closer, it's hard to say when it will arrive.  I'm
working full-time on the new C API for data type conversions, and I
hope that I have strings and symbols nailed next week.  The rest
should be simpler...

> Have you considered moving to a regular release schedule (like the
> GNOME project does?).

Hmm, my feeling is that this will not work very well with Guile since
Guile is a much smaller project with fewer people working on it.

> The current release schedule makes it very unattractive to
> contribute to GUILE, since improvements take forever to reach the
> stable branch.

Yeah, I can understand this.  Hopefully, changes will be smaller in
the future so that we don't need to wait so long.