1.8 time frame?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: 1.8 time frame?
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:03:28 +0200

hi there?

What's the latest update on the status of the guile 1.8 release plan?
Right now, we are getting GC bugreports for Lilypond, and I am very
reluctant to investigate these, since

* I am pretty sure that they will not occur on the new GC (since it is
  more lax with allocation).

* it only occurs on windows, and I have a strong desire not to be
  involved with windows programming.

Have you considered moving to a regular release schedule (like the
GNOME project does?).  The last stable release is from september
2002. The current release schedule makes it very unattractive to
contribute to GUILE, since improvements take forever to reach the
stable branch.