Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release.

From: Andreas Vögele
Subject: Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release.
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:17:14 +0200

Michael Tuexen writes:

This seems to be related to the problem I see on Mac OS X: I can build and use the static version, but not the dynamic version. [...] This would definitely be good if building dynamic libs is supported.

There's a Fink port called guile16 that supports shared libraries. The current CVS version does also work under Mac OS X. Furthermore, the code that uses _NSGetEnviron is already in the 1.6 branch. Only the corresponding checks are missing from configure.in.

Guile snapshots are available at <ftp://ftp.dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/pub/guile/snapshots>. You can unpack and build the snapshot with the following commands under Mac OS X:

tar xzf guile-core.tar.gz
cd guile-core-20040808
sh configure
echo >>config.h "#define HAVE__NSGETENVIRON 1"
echo >>config.h "#define HAVE_CRT_EXTERNS_H 1"
make
make check

One check will fail. That's the putenv problem mentioned in my previous message. If you want to get rid of this error edit libguile/posix.c. Look for the function scm_putenv and replace the putenv call with something like

if (strchr (ptr, '='))
  rv = putenv (ptr);
else
  {