Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release.

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Re: Upcoming 1.6.5 release.
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:38:06 +0200

Dear all,

I would like to know if it is possible to include in the
1.6.5 release some modifications of socket.c which are needed
for basic SCTP support.

This includes adding some constants (which will be #ifdefed out)
if they are not available and two wrapper functions for sctp_recvmsg
and sctp_sendmsg.

configure.in has to be changed to look for netinet/sctp.h and
libsctp.

I can submit the patches during this week which are tested on
FreeBSD with KAME and Redhat Linux with a 2.6.? kernel which supports
SCTP.

Please note that if you compile guile on a platform without SCTP
support, nothing changes.

Please let me know if this seems appropriate.

It would be helpful for me to have this stuff included in the
mail guile distribution because I use this for building SIGTRAN
testers, which will be published. guile is already used as an
SCTP tester (stt) available from www.sctp.de.

Best regards
Michael