GC missed reference on Windows

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: GC missed reference on Windows
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:43:45 +0100

I've built a native libguile DLL for Windows (using MSVC, from the 1.6.4 tarball - I'll release the DLL and build details shortly). It generally works well, but I occasionally get instances of two errors:

- Access violation in a call to SCM_NEWCELL (from various callers), trying to write at address 0x00000083.

- Scheme-level error when printing a list that appears to contain a freed cell - as shown by "freed cell: GC missed a reference" in the backtrace. The apparently freed cell is the CDDR of a list that is bound to a top level definition in a loaded module, so I find it difficult to believe that the GC sweep has really missed it.

If anyone has seen anything like these problems before, or has any tips on how to debug them, I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks,
     Neil