Re: OpenBSD does not define INT8_MIN etc.

From: Andreas Vögele
Subject: Re: OpenBSD does not define INT8_MIN etc.
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:56:04 +0200

Andreas Vögele writes:

I thought about the patch that I attached to my previous message. It's probably better to move the ifdefs from the printf statements into the C code so that the ifdefs don't get into scmconfig.h. I'll post an updated patch later.

Here's the patch that I currently use. I moved the limits stuff from configure.in to gen-scmconfig.c. The patch introduces a lot of ifdefs that check if INT8_MAX etc. are defined. If the macros are not available constants are used. I've tested this patch on Debian Woody/i386, OpenBSD 3.5/i386, HP-UX 11.0 and Mac OS X 10.3.4.

I also tried to build Guile under Cygwin. I could build guile.exe but the binary segfaults. I don't think that this problem is related to my changes. At least, scmconfig.h looks good. I'll try to investigate this problem but I'm not familiar with Windows and Cygwin.

BTW, HP-UX doesn't seem to define SIZE_MAX.