Re: Patch for ice-9/format.scm (removes arbitrary ~{...~} iteration limi

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Patch for ice-9/format.scm (removes arbitrary ~{...~} iteration limit)
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:05:16 +1000

Matthias Koeppe <address@hidden> writes:

> To my surprise, the list was cut off after the 100th element.

I've been writing some new doco for format (and adding some checks to
my lint program), and noticed this limit too, but didn't know what it
meant.  The common lisp spec doesn't say anything like it as far as I
can tell.

Maybe it was to avoid going into an infinite loop, but there's plenty
of other ways that can happen :), so it's hardly a motivation.

> I am sending a testcase for Guile's test suite and a patch that fixes
> the problem.

Looks likely.