Re: typechecking

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: typechecking
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 09:05:11 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

 I understand the tag system, so I'm aware of the implications. [...]

Sure you do. Sorry if this sounded if I thought you didn't. I am always
somewhat verbose when mailing to the list, even when mailing to guile-devel:
I try to make it possible for many people to follow the discussion. And
guile-devel, to my knowledge, is open for everyone interested.

Sorry again for not making this clear in my post.

 However, I was wondering whether such a change stands a chance of
 being incorporated, if it would work.

I think this can't be answered before actually having tried it out and knowing about whether it brings any benefit. Trying it out, however, would bring some benefit itself: It would help to identify places in guile, where code circumvents
using the low-level access macros and allow to bring guile to a state where
such experiments would be easier in the future.

Best regards
Dirk