syntax-case macros and modules

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: syntax-case macros and modules
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:22:40 +0200

Hi.

I've got a minor nuisance with the way that Guile 1.6.4 handles
syntax-rules macros exporting.

Let's say I've got a macro 'foo' that is exported by a module, and that
this macro uses a second one, 'foo-helper', that is also defined within
the module. I want to export _only_ 'foo', but it seems that I cannot: if
I don't export 'foo-helper', Guile complains whenever I try to use 'foo'
outside the module. Thus, I'm forced to export 'foo-helper' too.

I can understand why this is so in the current implementation, but,
IMHO, it does not _need_ to be so, right? (other
module systems around haven't got that behaviour).

Am I missing something? Is there any chance that this will be 'fixed' in
future releases?

Thanks,

jao

P.S. I'd love to fix it myself, but I'm afraid I lack the needed time and
expertise. Sorry! :)