Re: The relationship between SCM and scm_t_bits.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: The relationship between SCM and scm_t_bits.
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 18:10:50 +0200

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> [...] SCM_PACK and SCM_UNPACK might one day need to become
> non-trivial on certain platforms (like they were on Crays, I think.)

Ok, I just (re-)discovered that this is a non-issue: these encoding
changes are done by SCM2PTR and PTR2SCM.

Right now, I have a version of Guile that doesn't store scm_t_bits
into the heap, and it does feel a cleaner since no scm_t_bits* <->
SCM* casts are done.

Now, I'll try to completely remove the use of the scm_t_cell type
(only the use, not the definition).  This one is rather confusing as
well since it is not used consequently (I think).