Re: How do I really do this?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: How do I really do this?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:33:13 -0800

Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> (define t (make-hash-table))
> (hash-set! t (function-returning-string) (value-function))
>
> Then you can lookup values again with (hash-ref t <string>).
>
> This is all documented in the Guile refence manual in the info node
> 'Hash Tables'.

The only Guile .info stuff I have in my distribution is:

> Scheme Programming
> * data-rep: (data-rep).  Data Representation in Guile -- how to use
>                          Guile objects in your C code.

which is why I was having so much trouble.  :(  I was looking up
the hash stuff in the libguile C sources and the "make-hash-table"
is an ice-9 defined wrapper around the primitive "make-vector".
That made it too difficult to find.  Thank you both for your help!
(You, Mike, and Neil, too!)

Regards, Bruce