Re: doc license section

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: doc license section
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:56:41 +0100

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Might be worth thinking about GFDL for the manuals, while on the
> subject of licenses.

Yes, indeed.  Maintain.texi says: "Manuals should use the GNU Free
Documentation License".

This would be the copyright notice, I'd say:

    Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this
    document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License,
    Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software
    Foundation; with the no Invariant Sections, with the Front-Cover
    Texts being ``A GNU Manual,'' and with the Back-Cover Texts as in
    (a) below.  A copy of the license is included in the section
    entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".

    (a) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is: ``You are free to copy and modify
    this GNU Manual.''

I'm also unhappy about the list of authors on the front cover.  It is
quite long already and not even complete.  What can we do about this?