scm_i_fraction_reduce thread safety

From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: scm_i_fraction_reduce thread safety
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:43:00 -0800

Actually I was thinking about garbage collection when
I wrote that note (more of a reminder to myself to
check it, which I of course forgot to do). I'd vote
for a lock, if it's really an issue.

On the need for reduction, I wonder how much of that
notoriety is due to Knuth -- his discussion of this
was in a slightly artificial context, and I've been
intending for a long time to check some "real-world"
situation.  (I think it's less of a problem than
calling gcd all the time).

Perhaps Han-Wen has some info on this?