Re: Committed initial (system* "foo" "bar") code.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Committed initial (system* "foo" "bar") code.
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:17:04 +1000

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> The current version is careful to allocate the args before the fork,
> and follows the libc and perl convention of blocking SIGINT and
> SIGQUIT

For reference, what posix says on the subject can be found at

  http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/system.html

> then make fixes as we figure out what else we need.

SCM_SYSERROR in the child will want to go I think, due to the way gtk
uses atexit, as discussed.  _exit(127) might be a good idea until a
pipe to get the error back to the parent is introduced.