Re: New syntax: (: MODULE-NAME VARIABLE-NAME)

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: New syntax: (: MODULE-NAME VARIABLE-NAME)
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:02:39 +0100

Marius Vollmer wrote:

Hi,

what about making the changes below?  The only unclean thing is that
we would need to change the interpretation of a single ':'.  The colon
is such a natural choice, but we could avoid that uncleanliness by
using some other symbol.  Which one?

Hi,

I think it would be nice to have such a shortcut. However, there is a problem we should consider first, before providing such a thing: Do you mean ':' to refer to syntactic bindings also? This would influence the memoizing phase, when memoizing is separately performed before execution.

Best regards
Dirk