Re: a circular dilemma . #0# (was Re: srfi-1 map!)

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: a circular dilemma . #0# (was Re: srfi-1 map!)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:28:04 +1000

Stephen Compall <address@hidden> writes:

> (define (s11-map! f list1 . rest)

If you want to write some code, copying and adapting the current C
code would probably be much better.

> Or just
> live with "undefined behavior" given by the silly (IMHO) case of
> having a circular as LIST1 where a list in REST has more cells?

I see the spec calls for list2 etc to have at least as many elements
as list1.  Which I guess means list1 is finite (ie. non-circular) and
can be used to construct the return without further checking.