Re: records as s-expressions

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: records as s-expressions
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:56:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Neil Jerram wrote:

> This won't work.  (Or, more precisely, to make it work would be
> arbitrarily complex.)  Consider, for example, if the arg is a list of
> <strings or integers>, or a list of lists of <strings or integers>,
> and so on.  Type must be implicit in the printed form.

I understand, and thanks for pointing it out. The only way to
implement this is to (write) each field and expect the (read) to
parse it back properly.

I should have thought of this clearer solution earlier.

This doesn't solve the SMOB-in-a-record problem but that's not in
the scope of this feature.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F