Re: SCM_DEFER_INTS versus error

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: SCM_DEFER_INTS versus error
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:44:43 +1000

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Right now (if I'm still uptodate), only one thread can
> execute 'in Guile',

Oh, I thought you'd said previously there could be concurrent such
threads.  (I'd meant to try to work up a section for the manual on
such things.)

> Yes.

I realized since posting, that time() on a DOS system might be
affected by the TZ changes made by the other stime.c functions.

I guess all that stuff ought to change to use a little mutex
controlling access to TZ.  getenv/putenv would have to cooperate with
that too so a mere temporary change is not seen or overridden.