Re: guile-core does not build with gcc-2.95.4

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: guile-core does not build with gcc-2.95.4
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:39:59 +1000

> Maybe --std=gnu89 should be added by default for GCC 3.x
> compilation. Anyone knowledgeable about autoconf willing to do this?

Personally I think it's cleaner to keep such things out of the main
configure.in (I think that of -Werror for instance too).  Developers
can add such stuff easily enough.

I like CPPFLAGS for extra flags.  CFLAGS is the right place, but one
can leave that to configure to establish, and instead insinuate extra
stuff by abusing CPPFLAGS.