Re: native Win32 guile 1.7.0

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: native Win32 guile 1.7.0
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 09:58:38 +1000

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> I can remember that on Win32 an environment variable can be unset via
> putenv somehow... I'll investigate that.

Actually, I see that's a standard feature of putenv supposedly.  What
systems is it not?  Would be nice to have a reminder of them.

Perhaps it's enough to just use unsetenv if it exists, and presume
when it doesn't that putenv is fully functional.  Could start with
that until proven otherwise.  (With an addition to the test-suite to
pick up any problem.)

  /* No '=' in argument means we should remove the variable from
     the environment.  Not all putenvs understand this.  To be
     safe, we do it explicitely using unsetenv. */
#ifdef HAVE_UNSETENV
  if (strchr (SCM_STRING_CHARS (str), '=') == NULL)
    {
      unsetenv (SCM_STRING_CHARS (str));
      return;
    }
#endif

> The -lm is found but not used for anything.  When -lm is on the linker
> line libtool would fail to create a dll, that is why I removed it for
> mingw32.

Oh, not good.  Would be worth having a comment to that effect.  You
know how conditionals for strange environments build up until no-one
can remember why they were added :-).