Re: native Win32 guile 1.7.0

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: native Win32 guile 1.7.0
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 09:13:07 +1000

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

>       * posix.c (s_scm_putenv): Disable use of unsetenv() for the
>       mingw32 build.
>
> #ifndef __MINGW32__

It'd be good autoconf style to test unsetenv with AC_CHECK_FUNCS if
it's not always available.  In particular that way it gets used if
added to mingw in the future.

Perhaps environ could be munged directly if unsetenv doesn't exist.
Might end up being a memory leak.  Probably not ideal to silently do
nothing.

>       * mkstemp.c: Provide prototype to avoid compiler warning.

It's usually best to just omit prototypes if they're not in a standard
header, and the return value is only an int.  It's all too easy to end
up with a conflict on some obscure system.  AC_CHECK_DECLS is the way
to go if you really want a declaration.

>       * configure.in: Removed -lm check
>
> if test $MINGW32 = no; then
>         AC_CHECK_LIB(m, main)
> fi

Doesn't it simply find -lm doesn't exist and continue?  If there has
to be a hard system dependency, autoconf deprecates $MINGW32 in favour
of "case $host in *-*-mingw*)" etc.

Libtool has an AC_CHECK_LIBM which knows about a few systems.  We use
it in gmp, not actually documented though.