Re: How to determine the argument type!

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: How to determine the argument type!
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 09:19:19 -0700

Bruce Korb wrote:

> I thought of that and, in the end, I devised a way to avoid the
> offending calls.  The code is tighter now.  :-)

I still got a round tuit for adding a "guile_newstr_size" test.
Attached.  The macro is pretty horrific, but it isn't Guile's fault.
This uglitude addresses several issues:

1.  Has the installation location been specified or specified
    to not exist?  It adds three configure options:

    --with-guile
    --with-guile-cflags
    --with-guile-ldflags

2.  Can Guile be found with guile-config?

3.  Was Guile installed without benefit of guile-config?
    (e.g., Red Hat.)

Now that we finally know how to compile and link with Guile:

4.  what type was used in the gh_scm2newstr call's second argument?

(Yes, "gh" is deprecated, but nothing jumps out as the
obvious replacement, either.  Further, that replacement would
need to be present in 1.4.)

Are there other issues that ought to be addressed?
You-all might know better 'n me.

Regards,
        Bruce

P.S. any more clues for an scm_eval_str_with_file_line()?