Re: Around again, and docs lead role

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Around again, and docs lead role
Date: 12 May 2003 21:25:16 +0100

    Max> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
    Max> snip
    >>
    >> That said... is there anyone out there who'd be interested in taking
    >> over the lead role on Guile documentation?
    >>
    >> [...]

    Max> Hi,

Hi Max,

    Max> I am new to guile, new to this list

    Max> (though I posted a couple of replies concerning the overall
    Max> structure, and the principle need of tutorials)

First off, apologies for not replying to your earlier detailed email
yet - I'm a bit busy and taking time to digest it, but it looks like
just the kind of high-level input that I was hoping someone would
supply.

    Max> Last weekend I managed to spare an evening for diving deeper
    Max> into the

    Max>         `Guile Reference Manual', [...]

I will reply to your detailed points here in more detail later, but
for now ...

    Max> If you think, that in the current state of discussion, this
    Max> kind of critique could be useful, tell me:

Yes, absolutely!

    Max>         hacking revised comments into, say  the .texi
    Max>         source, would not put a too heavy workload on me.

That sounds great.  If you have any suggestions for a overall plan of
how to rectify the problems that you've noted, I would love to hear
them too.

Best regards,
        Neil